Re: [Xen-users] Can someone please build a Xen 3.2 rpm for CentOS 5.1x64?

  • To: "Ross S. W. Walker" <rwalker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 09:17:41 +0100
  • Cc: Rudi Ahlers <Rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Marco Strullato <marco.strullato@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 01:18:27 -0700

Ross S. W. Walker wrote:
Marco Strullato wrote:
Hi, I followed you instructions, I've build and installed
xen-3.2.0-0xs and xen-libs-3.2.0-0xs.
Now I get this error when I execute xm list:

Error: Unable to connect to xend: No such file or directory. Is xend running?

This looks like you didn't change the grub.conf to specify
the Xen 3.2 hypervisor as opposed to the stock Xen 3.1
hypervisor that the RH/CentOS Xen kernels are set to use
by default.

Oh. Hmmph. RedHat uses some cuteness in current versions of 'grubby' and RPM to auto-install the Xen kernels in grub.conf. When I was working with RHEL 4, it took some extra work to get them into grub.conf. But RHEL 5 has it incorporated into their RPM's. You might take a look at the RHEL versus Xensource SRPM's and look for the differences.

I'd like the Xensource RPM's to do this automatically, as well.