[Xen-users] Re: Release 0.8.7 of GPL PV drivers for

Hi James,

> Do you know how to use the windows debugger? If you know how, or could
> follow some instructions I send you (it's a bit involved to get it
> attached to a DomU) then I can put some debug statements into the
> xenhide driver in the next release and we can see what comes up.
I'm not familiar with the windows debugger, but I could follow instructions.

I did some more testing meanwhile:

1. If I install the GPLPV drivers in a DOMU and transfer that image to
SLES10SP1 at least the block driver and hiding works well. The network driver
from 0.8.7 did not work, but I did no more testing on SLES.

2. The PVM drivers from Novell do have the very same problem, they also can't
hide the Bootdevice on RHEL.

3. I tried now 0.8.9 and disabled the xen block device before rebooting
with /GPLPV, as I wanted to to try out just the network driver, but that gave
me an BSOD.

Sincerly,
Klaus

--
Klaus Steinberger         Beschleunigerlaboratorium
Phone: (+49 89)289 14287  Am Coulombwall 6, D-85748 Garching, Germany