[Xen-users] Do I need portmap, haldeamon & xfs running on dom0?

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Rudi Ahlers <Rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 09:39:22 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 00:40:46 -0700

Hi all

I have a CentOS 5.1 server running Xen and recently installed ConfigServer Firewall (CSF) on the main node to give it some protection. On a daily basis I'm getting an email about portmap. haldeamon and xfs consumming too much resources. The main node, dom0 doesn't even do anything, and everything is done on the domU's

Here's a thread I've posted on the ConfigServer Forums: http://forum.configserver.com/showthread.php?t=1225

So, do I really need these three components for Xen to work properly?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com