Re: [Xen-users] Xen Adminsitrator, RHEL5?

Hi Ugo,

> I've read some doc and there seems to be only the virsh command or the
> Virtual Machine Manager available to manage xen on RHEL AP.

You can also use the Xen xm commandline tool directly.

> Is is
> possible to use the Xen Administrator Console?

I think this is part of the proprietary XenSource / Citrix Xen product.  It's
not available in the open source codebase or, consequently, in RHEL...

> Since I don't install X on the host machine, it may be usefull, at least
> at the beginning.

You don't need to run an X server on the machine in order to use virt-manager;
if you have the relevant X libraries installed (which, depending on the RHEL
packaging, might be possible without actually installing the X server) then
you can ssh -X to that host from another system, then run virt-manager to
have the app forwarded across the network to your local display.  This is how
I usually manage my RHEL machine.

Alternatively, you can (I think) run virt-manager on your local workstation
and have it connect to the remote Xen machine.  There is an example setup
using SSH as a secure transport here:
http://virt-manager.et.redhat.com/page/RemoteSSH and there are several other
kinds of remote management setup linked from here:
http://virt-manager.et.redhat.com/page/Main_Page

Hope that helps you,

Cheers,
Mark