Re: [Xen-users] Partition vs disk images

Rob Greene wrote on Wed, 30 Apr 2008 08:40:28 -0500:

> Ok, so (at least in CentOS/RHEL?) the Xen domU sees the dom0 partition not
> as a partition but as a physical disk?  sda1, sda, and hda all failed (sda1,
> sda were not visible while hda kept generating installer errors detecting
> the drives).

That fails because Xen presents the disk/partition as xvda, not as sda. You
should be able to use two partitions in the same way you use two disks: I
would think that they are presented to the installer as xvda and xvdb.
This will nevertheless result in a Xen virtual disk image on that partition/lv
and not as a "raw" file system that you could mount directly in Dom0.

> disk = [ "phy:lvm-raid/FileVolGroup,hda1,w",
>          "phy:lvm-raid/io-swap,hda2,w" ]     # assumption was that these
> were partitions...

Shouldn't this be /dev/lvm-raid/FileVolGroup assuming that this is a logical
volume in your Dom0? Btw, you don't need any swap partition. If you want one
you can attach it later at any time.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany