Re: [Xen-users] Building 3.2.1

Quoting Todd Deshane <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hello Jon,

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 2:35 PM,  <jonr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello List,

 I am trying to build Xen 3.2.1 with the linux-2.6.18-xen-3.2.0.tar.gz
downloaded from http://xen.org/download/. Do I need to install mecurial to
get this to work? I thought the trick was to have the kernel in a directory
at the same level as the xen source but it always fails with:

This may help:

http://xen.markmail.org/search/?q=tarball+config#query:tarball%20config+page:1+mid:rpzo4wfd3dmbmbsn+state:results

I will look at it closer later and see if I can give the exact commands/changes.
If you figure it out before someone posts them, let us know what you do.

Cheers,
Todd

Thanks Todd,

I still haven't got it figured out and am wanting to build from source rather than use the unstable from mercurial. From what I have read it is looking like the only way to build this is by using mercurial, is that correct?

Jon