Re: [Xen-users] Xen & SELINUX: how disable in guest?

Veniamin Konoplev wrote:
Hello all!

I try to boot the guest VM in native EL5.1 dom0.

Kernel for guest domain I took from source compiled Xen distributions
since native EL5.1 kernel being tired as guest did not see root
partition at all.

SELinux enforcing is disabled in the dom0:

[root@mbone ~]# getenforce
Permissive

Configuration file for guest domain has parameter to disable selinux:

[root@mbone ~]# grep extra /etc/xen/xm-test
# You can use 'extra' to set the runlevel and custom environment
extra = "4 enforcing=0"

If you are using "pygrub" as bootloader to load the xenified kernel and initrd image from within the guest which is the default setup in RHEL and Centos rather than passing a xenified kernel and initrd image from the dom0, passing kernel parameters using extra = would not work. You should do "xm create -c <guest>" and edit the kernel line in the grub and pass selinux=0 for this to work. HTH

--Sadique

But I still get errors from SELinux:

[root@mbone ~]# xm create -c /etc/xen/xm-test
Using config file "/etc/xen/xm-test".
Started domain ExampleDomain
Linux version 2.6.18-xen (root@jig) (gcc version 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat
3.4.6-8)) #12 SMP Thu Nov 29 11:53:14 MSK 2007
Freeing unused kernel memory: 184k freed
Unable to load SELinux Policy. Machine is in enforcing mode. Halting now.

Config string like 'extra = "4 selinux=1 enforce=0"' produce the same
result.

What is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

--