Re: [Xen-users] Disk IO trouble in Xen

Stefan de Konink wrote:
On Mon, 5 May 2008, Greg Hellings wrote:

Iozone shows very similar numbers on both the Dom0 and DomU.  The DomU seems
to freeze periodically and drop network connections.  I assumed this was IO
related because everything else seems fine and those hdparm numbers are so
far off.  Also heavy IO related tasks seem slow.  I'm fairly baffled now.

...to put my 2cts again. It is probably block cache related. And I really
ask for any 'real' Xen developer of Citrix to do this simple experiment
and report their findings:

Why don't u do this and report ur findings to developers and the list rather them doing this and report?

Allocate a nice partition, for example on NFS. Run bonnie++ with two times
the memory size of the host system. Report findings :)

Stefan