Re: [Xen-users] Routing problem in bridged setup

  • To: "Pepe Barbe" <elventear@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 13:45:46 -0400
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 09 May 2008 10:46:16 -0700

So far can I can make the domU-firewall and domU-dmz talk to each other without problem. Using IPTables/NAT on domU-firewall I can route to the public internet from dom0/Local Lan and from the domU-dmz. But I can't communicate from the domU-dmz to local lan and viceversa. I've made sure that there are no IPTables rules blocking this kind of traffic, so all I am left is with the possiblity of a routing problem: domU-firewall not forwarding packets from the local lan to the dmz bridge for some reason.

Anyone has any idea of what could I do to troubleshoot this problem?

I just wanted to make sure that you are aware of the Ubuntu bugs:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xen-3.2/+bug/204010

There are a number of troubleshooting techniques discuss in those bugs
including:

*using ethtool commands
*looking at the bridges in more detail with brctl commands etc.
*manually tracing the traffic with tools like wireshark and tcpdump
*any of general networking debugging that you can think of

Cheers,
Todd