Re: [Xen-users] problems delegating PCI device to domU (broadcom wlan chip)

  • To: Xen users list <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 15:53:26 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 10 May 2008 06:54:57 -0700

* Todd Deshane <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> did you try adding pciback.permissive to the dom0 kernel line as well?
>
> Also see:
> http://xen.markmail.org/search/?q=pciback+permissive

Yep. But this didn't work (even writing to the permissive file failed).
Now, after a day of downtime, it works - and it seems the pci device
is now automatically bound to pciback :)

my boot config:

    pciback.permissive=(03:00.0)
    pciback.hide=(03:00.0)
    pci=routeirq

(03:00.0 is my broadcom chip)

The driver now loads fine, so I can work on it (my broadcom chip is detected,
but the chip revision isnt supported yet).

cu

 cellphone: +49 174 7066481   email: info@xxxxxxxx   skype: nekrad666