Re: [Xen-users] Wireless issue dom0

  • To: "Ricardo Tiago" <rtiago@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Todd Deshane" <deshantm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 19:40:23 -0400
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 11 May 2008 16:40:57 -0700

> What is your wireless card?

Asus WL-167G  (USB)

have you checked if other people have reported a problem with this
card and Linux/Xen? yes, but not exactly related to xen. It my case
the card is properly detected both in the normal and non xen kernel.

By doing kudzu -p i can the card is known by the system as wlan0.

> Do you need to use wireless with Xen? I believe there are known
> issues with bridging and virtualization.

for this machine, yes.

I would suggest getting more debug information then.

I don't have a lot of wireless experience (especially not mixed with xen)
but there are a lot of tools that you can you to find out where the xen
version of the driver is going wrong. Search google for wireless sniffing
tools and also try to find out if any of the standard Linux networking
debug tricks can get you any information.

Cheers,
Todd