Re: [Xen-users] Live Migration Query

Asim schrieb:
Hi,

I'm performing live migration. I see something weird happening that I cannot explain:

Once I fire xen migration at the source:

[root@src ~]# xm migrate --live FC8.domU dest
Error: /usr/lib/xen/bin/xc_save 23 3 0 0 1 failed
Usage: xm migrate <Domain> <Host>

Migrate a domain to another machine.

-h, --help           Print this help.
-l, --live           Use live migration.
-p=portnum, --port=portnum
                    Use specified port for migration.
-r=MBIT, --resource=MBIT
                    Set level of resource usage for migration.

[root@src ~]#

If I do a xm list, I can see the domain here:

[root@src ~]# xm list
Name ID Mem VCPUs State Time(s) Domain-0 0 499 1 r----- 1517.6 FC8.domU 3 500 1 -b---- 3.6

While at the destination, I see a hanging domU as :

[root@dest xen-images]# xm list
Name ID Mem VCPUs State Time(s) Domain-0 0 502 1 r----- 1646.1 FC8.domU 3 500 0 -bp--- 0.0

Can anyone help me with this save failed problem and it will also be great if anyone can explain me what exactly happened here.

Check your Xen logs (/var/log/xen/*) on both sides - probably, some incompatibility - are Xen versions on both sides the same?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org