[Xen-users] xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory

I am new to Xen, but have 2 servers up running a total of 6 domU's, both
running CentOS 5.0

On machine 1:
Suddenly I am no longer able to start a domU from an existing,
previously successfully run disk image.  I get the error:
"xenconsole: Could not read tty from store: No such file or directory".
Googling turns up a number of references to this error, but no real
solution that I can find.

State on this VM shows 'r' but it appears to be hung during the boot
process and I need to 'xm destroy' it.  Does anyone have any idea of
what might cause this kind of behavior on a previously working machine?
I am not aware of any changes made to either dom0 or domU and my other
domU's are running fine.  I'm afraid to try to restart anything though.

Nothing in the log is helpful, it's possible I don't know what to look
for.

Any pointers to docs, hints, tips etc. appreciated.

--charlie