Re: [Xen-users] xm shutdown of HVM DomU kills it instantly

  • To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Daniel Asplund" <danielsaori@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 09:59:15 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 00:59:46 -0700

Earlier I was running Debian as Dom0 and I believed it was working then. But as I don't care a lot about running HVMs, I did it more as a test, I didn't document it, so I'm not 100% sure. But I thought I would have noticed if the VM disappeared instantly after executing "xm shutdown".

I have seen references when people use xm shutdown with HVM DomUs and they claim it works properly. Will try to confirm this with some of them.

//Daniel

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 9:12 AM, Joseph L. Casale <JCasale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>So you are saying this is not working by default?
>That would be a surprise. I have seen this referenced from many people using HVMs so I assumed it to work out of the box.

Yup, it doesn't work. I have never seen a reference to it suggesting otherwise?
jlc