Re: [Xen-users] SNMP AgentX subagent for Xen

2008/6/2 Brian A. Seklecki <bseklecki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 09:10 +0200, Alain Barthe wrote:
> 2008/5/31 Brian A. Seklecki (Mobile)
> <bseklecki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>         There should be a AgentX sub-agent for Xen that feeds Net-SNMP
>         ~BAS

We can work on one.  The Net-SNMP folks have a great AgentX API I hear.

Yes, with python bindings (http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/library/au-netsnmpnipython/) but only from  version 5.4 (I am running a stock 5.3 from CentOS5).

I also need to write one for PostgreSQL.  CC'ing various parties.

With PgSQL its easy to write a POSTGRESQL-MIB -- you just transclude the
pg_catalog and information_schema schemas in template1 into SNMP tables.

With Xen we'd have to look at how a Net-SNMP daemon running in DOM0
could read the specs from "xm info" (/proc maybe)
Information about running domUs is also interesting, I think.

Sounds like a fun project.
I agree.

~BAS

--