    From: Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx>
    Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Virt-install not working
    To: "Alain Barthe" <ab266061@xxxxxxxxx>,
    xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, amazab@xxxxxxxx
    Date: Friday, May 30, 2008, 1:14 PM

    --- On *Thu, 5/29/08, amazab@xxxxxxxx /<amazab@xxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

        From: amazab@xxxxxxxx <amazab@xxxxxxxx>
        To: "Alain Barthe" <ab266061@xxxxxxxxx>,
        xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date: Thursday, May 29, 2008, 12:39 PM

        It worked, Thanks Alain.

        However, I still have further problems:

        1- I still cannot get "Virtual Machine Manager" to work, I feel it is
        another configurations problem
        Actually, one doesn't need virt-manager to manipulate
        with Domains created
         by virt-install (like on
         Nevada)
        xm start <Domain>
        xm shutdown <Domain>
        xm console <Domain>
        xm reboot  <Domain>
        All this commands hangs with PV CentOS 5.1 DomU
at Xen 3.2.1 F8 Dom0 (64-bit). DomU has been successfully created with virt-install installed from F8 repositories
        2- I created a domain using the "xm create <domain name>" then
        I just shut
        it down. When I do "xm start <domain name>" it says
        "<domain name> does
        not exist". How can I get xm to recognize previously created domains.

        3- How can I see the Xen logs from Dom-0. Where are they saved? Is
there a
        specific toold to see events that occur in the hypervisor during the
real
        time?

        Ahmed

> With xen 3.0, the parameter "xend-unix-server" must be set to "yes" in
        > the
        > /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp configuration file for
         virt-manager and

         virt-install to work. It is set to "no" by default. Maybe it is
        the same
        > with xen 3.2.
        >
        > Hope this helps.
        >
        > Alain Barthe
        >
        > 2008/5/29 <amazab@xxxxxxxx>:
        >
        >> Hi all,
        >>
        >> I installed Xen 3.2.1 on FC8 from the source, It is working fine and
        >> even created a virtual machine, however I cannot use the "Virtual
        >> Machine
        >> Manager" it does not even respond and when I try to use
        virt-install, I
        >> get the message:
        >>
        >> Traceback (most recent call last):
        >>  File "/usr/sbin/virt-install", line 502, in <module>
        >>    main()
        >>  File "/usr/sbin/virt-install", line 345, in main
        >>    conn = cli.getConnection(options.connect)
        >>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/virtinst/cli.py",
        line 76, in
        >> getConnection

            return
         libvirt.open(connect)
        >>  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/libvirt.py", line
        135, in open
        >>    if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virConnectOpen()
        failed')