Re: [Xen-users] xen 3.2.1 + intel quad core + 8gigs of ram + linux

  • To: "Jimmy Brake" <jimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: tmac <tmacmd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 22:18:25 -0400
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 19:18:58 -0700

I use RHEL5.2. Recently upgraded (very painlessly) from RHEL5.1 to RHEL5.2

Intel Starlake PSL5000, 2x quad-core, 16gigs FBDIMM, 250G SATA

Works great.

Obvioulsy, CentOS 5.2 is the free version...

--tmac

On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 10:11 PM, Jimmy Brake <jimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nick,
>
> After I sent out this email I had second thoughts. Basically what I would
> like to know is if I can install a fresh OS then install xen from
> pre-compiled packages that will work on my hardware.  I don't mind compiling
> and configuring but its my second option.
>
> Jimmy
>
> Nick Couchman wrote:
>
> I like SLES10 (SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10) because they've done some
> good things with VM management (though they don't always have the latest
> versions of all of the apps).  Personal preference, though - the "best host"
> version of Linux is very, very subjective.
>
> -Nick

> Hi!
>
> Anyone have a suggestion which version of Linux would be the best host? We
> typically use Ubuntu but we are flexible since we want the best performance
> and the least amount of headaches getting it installed and working.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jimmy
> ________________________________
> This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
> use of the intended recipient. If this email is not intended for you, or you
> are not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended
> recipient, please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering
> (SEAKR) Privileged/Proprietary Information. In such a case, you are strictly
> prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using
> this message, its contents or attachments in any way. If you have received
> this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this
> e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox. Information contained in
> this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither
> endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.

--tmac

RedHat Certified Engineer #804006984323821 (RHEL4)
RedHat Certified Engineer #805007643429572 (RHEL5)

Principal Consultant