Re: [Xen-users] Sound card support?

On Thursday June 05 2008 10:17:30 am G. Michael Carter wrote:
> I have a USB Sound Blaster.ÂÂ I run phpmp for my ogg archive and have a FM
> transmitter hooked to it.ÂÂ On my laptop the dom0 has no sound.ÂÂ How is
> this accomplished on one of the DomU's?ÂÂÂ Can I share the sound across
> multiple machines?

Try looking at something like pulseaudio for networked sound. Since your dom0
has no sound, setup a machine that does have sound as the 'pulseaudio -D'
server. See my thread 'pulseaudio' about a month ago for setting up tcp.
Works pretty well for pv guests.

Additionally, Windows guests can be connected to with rdesktop, which also
allows redirecting sound over the network to the machine that you are running
rdesktop on.