Re: [Xen-users] Release 0.9.5 of GPL PV Drivers for Windows

James Harper schreef:
That sounds identical to my test environment. You wouldn't be running a
HP ML115 would you?
As a matter of fact, I do :-) I've replaced the shipped memory with 2x2GB Kingston memory and inserted 4x Barracuda ES 500GB drives (ST3500630NS). I must say, this ML115 works pretty smooth with the Linux DomU's and now also partly with Windows, thanks to you :-)

I also did another test with both HDTach and HD Tune (I know, not very reliable, but just for comparison) and those programs normally give back the same result. However, with GPLPV loaded, I get an average read of 43.2MB/s with HDtach and only 13.9MB/s with HD Tune. That's a big gap I would say. Access time is in both cases acceptable (6.9ms in HD Tune). But then again, I don't think these tests are very reliable and the responsiveness of the system is IMHO much more important than it's max STR.

Joost