Re: [Xen-users] Re: Windows Disk performance

Christian Tramnitz wrote:
Ruslan Sivak schrieb:
I would think MegaBytes per second.

350 MBytes/s sounds really fast, unless we are speaking about cached throughput.
I would expect cached throughput to be much, much faster.

dom0 i used htdune -t /dev/sda

I still haven't found hdtune for linux, are you sure you are not running hdparm instead of hdtune?

Sorry, I did mean hdparm.
James mentioned something about something not being aligned properly. This might fix it, as on my dom0, I went from about 150mb/s with hdparm to 350 mb/s after adjusting some parameters as per the 3ware site.

Which 3ware is this and what RAID mode with how many disks are you using?
Unless you are running some RAID0 on multiple 10k SAS disks I doubt that 350MBytes/s is anywhere near the actual throughput.

I'm using a 3ware 9650 with 4 10k VelociRaptors in raid 5. I doubt that it's reading out of cache, I'm probably getting sequential reads from the outside of the disks with readahead and all that fun stuff.

Russ