Re: [Xen-users] Xen reporting wrong network card. WAS:Xen Networking at 100mb instead of 1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph L. Casale" <JCasale@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Erin Hughes" <eredicatorx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:16:34 PM GMT +09:00 Japan
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen Networking at 100mb instead of 1000

>>I noticed that my RealTek Card is only running at 100Mbps but it is a
>>1000mbps card.

>You noticed it running @ 100mbps because thatâs all an 8139 in any variation
>can run!

Hmm I should have checked that first. Thanks, but is it possible that Xen is
detecting or telling the domU host that it is this card because it detects a
realtek but cant determine what type it is so it uses the most compatiable
driver.  The onboard card is a Realtek 8111B chip (10/100/1000 Mbit) which I am
using for this server.

There is also another Realtek (10/100/1000 Mbit) card installed on the system
and it should be in use for dom0. When I went to check the what dom0 was
reporting the cards as I found this listed in dmessg over and over.

peth1: received packet with  own address as source address
peth1: received packet with  own address as source address
eth1: port 2(tap0) entering disabled state
device tap0 left promiscuous mode
eth1: port 2(tap0) entering disabled state
eth1: port 3(vif11.0) entering disabled state
device vif11.0 left promiscuous mode
eth1: port 3(vif11.0) entering disabled state
vif12.0 adding interface with same address as a received packet
device vif12.0 entered promiscuous mode
eth1: port 2(vif12.0) entering learning state
eth1: topology change detected, propagating
eth1: port 2(vif12.0) entering forwarding state
device tap0 entered promiscuous mode
eth1: port 3(tap0) entering learning state
eth1: topology change detected, propagating
eth1: port 3(tap0) entering forwarding state
tap0: no IPv6 routers present
vif12.0: no IPv6 routers present
peth1: received packet with  own address as source address
peth1: received packet with  own address as source address
peth1: received packet with  own address as source address

All servers are on diffrent IPs but I am wondering if there is not a problem
with my bridinging or something else that I am not sure how to confirm.

Thanks for your help,

Erin