Re: [Xen-users] HVM guest support is unavailable!!

On Tuesday June 10 2008 06:29:17 am Yassine AYACHI wrote:
> 'm beginner with xen.
> I have an HP proliant ML300 under fedora core 6 whitch run 5 VM linux, when
> i tried to rum an AMD-64 Win 2003 server I had the following error msg :
> Error: HVM guest support is unavailable: is VT/AMD-V supported by your CPU
> and enabled in your BIOS?

Besides the 32/64 bit problem mentioned by Age_M, qemu-dm doesn't do processor
emulation, so an Intel Xeon on your dom0 will be seen as an Intel Xeon in
your hvm, and you *might* have problems with invalid instructions with your
AMD win2k3, AFAIK. (Obviously, qemu-dm shouldn't have to execute svm
virtualization instructions, unless you try to install Microsoft
Virtualization solutions, but there are other differences between AMD and
Intel.)