[Xen-users] Re: DomU with more than 3 virtual interfaces

Torsten Zumpf wrote:
> is there a way to use more than 3 VIFs in a domU? My installed OS is
> Debian/Etch with XEN Kernel 2.8.18 from Debian and Hypervisor 3.2 from
> backports.org. In the XEN-FAQ is written XEN 3.1 support 8 VIF in a domU.

Your hypervisor supports more than 3 vifs, but your running kernel won't.
You need a more recent kernel, 'cause Debian etchs kernel is based on XEN
3.0.x (not more recent in the sense of the version of the kernel itself,
but in the sense of the XEN parts in the kernel).

Regards, Markus