[Xen-users] PV domU using vnc

Hi

I have Debian Etch with Xen 3.2 and 2.6.18-6-xen-amd64 installed from
etch-backports repository.

I have not managed to use XENFB in any PV domU. Let me describe what I want to
accomplish and what I have tried:

I want my PV domU's have a /dev/fb device, and (if possible) VNC KDE access
without the need of using vncserver in domU. Therefore I add the following
lines to my domU config file:

vfb = ['type=vnc,vnclisten=0.0.0.0,vncdisplay=1']
extra = 'video=xenfb'

When my domU is started I can see a qemu-dm process is also started. I confirm
the vnc is working by looking at the netstat output.

Does that mean XENFB_TOOLS is y and working correctly, I mean will I be able to
install a HVM domU with SDL or VNC screen?

But when I start vncviewer from another machine like this:

vncviewer dom0_IP::5901

I only get a vnc screen with a line : "parallel0 console". Why is that?

Also when I log into domU with ssh, I see that /dev/fb device is still missing.
The problem is the lack of fb device in domU takes out nearly all my options,
as no X server can be run on domU, I can
not use XDMCP, FreeNX or else.

When I checked the kernel config, I see:

CONFIG_FB_VIRTUAL = m
CONFIG_FRAMEBUFFER_CONSOLE=y

But I don't see any CONFIG_XEN_FRAMEBUFFER option built either as module or
statically.

The only module I found under /lib/modules is vfb and I can successfully probe
it in dom0 with:

modprobe vfb vfb_enable

Then I see the /dev/fb is created in dom0. But when I try to do the same on
domU, I get some trace errors in dmesg and then the domU does some strange
things like not rebooting or halting,
etc. Also my domU sees the graphic card as "Linux FB device" and not "Xen FB
device".

Any help on using XEN FB in PV domU  is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Erdem Bayer