Re: [Xen-users] HVM guest support unavailable

Hi,

when I try to start a hvm the well known error message "Error: HVM guest support is unavailable: is VT/AMD-V supported by your CPU and enabled in your BIOS?" appears. I am using an Intel E8400 on Asus P5E VM DO Board. /proc/cpuinfo info shows that the CPU has vmx support. I have enabled "Vanderpool Technology" in BIOS.
In case anyone else is having the same problem, I could fix it by disabling TXT. This is of course just a workaround because the TXT features are missing. I am still looking for a real solution.

Tom