Re: [Xen-users] Pciback in Fedora 8 domU - Is it not working?

On Sunday June 15 2008 11:14:06 am Christopher Isip wrote:
> I cant seem to get the pcibacked device to come up in the F8 domU.  I
> get these messages in dmesg:
>
> PCI: Fatal: No config space access function found
> PCI: setting up Xen PCI frontend stub
> Setting up standard PCI resources
> ACPI: Interpreter disabled.
> Linux Plug and Play Support v0.97 (c) Adam Belay
> pnp: PnP ACPI: disabled
> xen_mem: Initialising balloon driver.
> usbcore: registered new interface driver usbfs
> usbcore: registered new interface driver hub
> usbcore: registered new device driver usb
> PCI: System does not support PCI
> PCI: System does not support PCI

These are pretty standard msgs if the kernel doesn't see the passthrough
device. The standard F8 xen kernel has CONFIG_XEN_PCIDEV_FRONTEND=y, and thus
is built in, not a module. (You'll notice this setting is completely missing
in F9 :-(  ). Make sure that your domu config has a line of the form
pci=[ '0000:0b:00.0' ], and that on startup of the domu, you see
in /var/log/messages a line of the form:

Jun 14 13:05:15 Insp6400 kernel: pciback: vpci: 0000:0b:00.0: assign to
virtual slot 0

and in dom0, the directory /sys/bus/pci/drivers/pciback has a link named after
your device id.