Re: [Xen-users] xen guest to use other linux kernel

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:51:07 +0700
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 18:51:45 -0700

James Corteciano wrote:
Hi Fajara,

Thanks for your advise. Currently, my domO is debian and CentOS for domU. I'm not sure if virt-manager will work for Debian but I'm going to find another alternative way for debian side. Appreciate if you can advise me for debian package.

Google found this :
http://www.hostinggeek.com/2008/04/installing-centos-5-as-domu-with-debian.html

Debian-specific part is probably just the pygrub.
Instructions on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Xen/InstallingCentOSDomU is mostly valid even for Debian. In particular, it gives you a good xen config example for installing domU.

Ubuntu Hardy has virt-manager, so you might want to take a look at that instead.

Regards,

Fajar

TIA,

-james