[Xen-users] Re: how do I add more partitions for a XEN domU VM?

Rudi Ahlers <Rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi all
>
> I couldn't find a concise answer no Google for this one.
>
> If I have a server with 2x HDD's, and I want to have 2x separate
> partitions (/dev/sda3 & /dev/sdb1) in the domU VM, how do I actually
> get it in there?
>
> Is it as easy as putting in a second "disk = [
> "phy:/dev/data/cPanel,xvda,w" ]" entry into the /etc/xen/cPanel
> file,

Yes.

> or is there a specific way of doing it?

You can even resize the lv or pad the image file at the end, after you
reboot xen will adjust the geometry and you will get bigger disk.

> I am using LVM on the server, but don't want to add both HDD's to the
> same LVM group, i.e. they will still function individually

Does not matter, block device is a block device.

--
To sto si frustriran, zavidan tko zna na cemu i sto ne vidis dalje od
svoje guzice je tuzno. Da onda barem imas toliko samokontrole da