Re: [Xen-users] Why limit dom0's memory?

> Oups!!!
> total_memory           : 3322
>
> while i have 8Go of RAM...
>
> i did installed a Debian i686 on a x86_64 Server. It should not be a
> problem, isn't it?

You've not got PAE support in your Xen / XenLinux; you need that for > 4GB on
i686.  If you can find Debian Xen and XenLinux images that support PAE
(that's CONFIG_HIGHMEM_64G in the Linux configurator, by the way) then your
existing install should support all the memory.

> If i save all my guests, and install again my Xen Server with Debian
> x86_64 instead of i686, then i restore the guests, will there be a
> problem?

As in xm save them?  I'm not sure if the suspend images will work on x86_64 or
not - I've never tried / checked.  But you should be able to boot 32-bit
guests on x86_64 /as long as you have a new enough Xen/.  I don't know what
XEn version Debian will be running.  The guests *still* need to be PAE for
that to work, so I suggest you investigate that route on your existing system
first.

If you set up 32-bit PAE and then want 64-bit guests later, you can use a
64-bit Xen with a 32-bit dom0 and that will work /as long as you have a new
enough Xen and XenLinux/.

Hope that helps some.

Cheers,
Mark