Re: [Xen-users] Dedicate NIC's to domU's

On Thursday June 19 2008 03:17:06 pm Hans Pfeil wrote:
> Jim, thanks for your reply.  I have found that XEN is not initializing the
> extra Intel nic's.  I get "failed to initialize".  When I reboot to just
> SLES the nic's are initialized.  Upon rebooting back to XEN "failed to
> initialize in the boot sequence.  I checked the boot log in the
> var/log/boot.msg file and sure enough they "failed to initialize".   Here
> is the ifconfig for both modes.
>
> 1)  How do you initialize these nic's under XEN mode??

That's puzzling. Once YaST sets up your nics, it should work in either vanilla
SuSE or xen SuSE. I assume your vanilla & xen kernel versions are exactly the
same, as is usual for SuSE (and I assume for SLES). Whatever kernel module
you are using for the Intel nics in vanilla SLES (say e1000?), should show up
when you do 'modinfo e1000' in xen SLES.