[Xen-users] can't a PV domU be installed from an ISO file?

  • To: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Rudi Ahlers <Rudi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 01:47:46 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 16:48:14 -0700

Hi

I'm trying to install CentOS 5.1 on a CentOS5.1 server, running Xen 3.0

I'm not sure if this is possible, but I could be doing something wrong. Using virt-install, I selet the ISO file as the installation source, and it boots up, but then I get prompted for an installation source, and choosing the CD Rom takes me through a loop asking for an installation source.

Is it possible to install a Linux domU from an ISO image?

--

Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Web:   http://www.SoftDux.com