RE: [Xen-users] Multiple NIC and ports in XEN source and XEN enterprise

  • To: "'Fischer, Anna'" <anna.fischer@xxxxxx>, <D.Kalogeras@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Venefax" <venefax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 07:12:29 -0400
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 04:20:24 -0700

I decided to assign a physical NIC to every DOMU, to minimize bottleneck,
since my app is a telephony softswitch, and depends on network IO. I have 8
NICS in the box and 8 softswitches.

The question is, how can I do that? Also, is there a way to measure the
network IO that each domu is generating, using dom0. I mean, without
installing any software on domu's, only by looking at dom0?
I have also heavy network traffic between domu's. How can I optimize that?
Some of the domu's are in different networks, and I noticed that the packets
go out on the internet and come back, which is ridiculous. How can that path
be shortened? I imagined that since the mac addresses are local, XEN would
be able to send it directly to the destination, is that even possible?
Finally, what brands are there for Virtualization-aware NICs? Maybe I will
buy one.