Re: [Xen-users] about module nVidia GeForce 8400 G in Xen

On Di, Jun 24, 2008 at 12:41:39 +0200, Emre ERENOGLU wrote:
> Can you try to compile the modules directly from source after exporting the
> environment variable? The steps shall be:
>
> 1) Install "user" portion of the package under a normal kernel
> 2) switch to xen kernel, make sure the kernel headers or source is in place
> 3) extract the nvidia driver package using appropriate command line option
> 4) compile the nvidia kernel module from source with the
> IGNORE_XEN_PRESENCE=1 env variable present.
> 5) Install module, depmod and reboot

Thank you very much for this guidelines.
I have tried to build the module
under a normal kernel,
but installer complains about the same error
(that the kernel is xenified).

But it is not.
I read in other lists
that this problem is exists
for the kernels 2.6.24 and newer but I didn't
find any working solution.

--
WBR, i.m.chubin