[Xen-users] Network Bridge Fails After 3.1.3 -> 3.2.1 Upgrade

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Dingwall" <james.dingwall@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 09:24:46 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 01:25:22 -0700

Hi,

I'm running a Gentoo system using the 2.6.21-xen sources available in
portage.  The system has run reliably with 3.0 and 3.1 versions of Xen
but now trying to upgrade to 3.2 I am facing some problems.  I am
letting Xen control the creation of the network bridge and this happens
without a problem and when I start domUs they initially work without a
problem.  Unfortunately after a short time networking to the domU fails,
dom0 remains ok.  I have a broadcom network interface which is built on
to the motherboard, ethtool -i reports:

driver: tg3
version: 3.75.2
firmware-version: 5703-v2.33
bus-info: 0000:02:09.0

I have seen reports of issues with broadcom interfaces not working and
that ethtool -K tx off rx off resolves them but this does not work in my
case.  Any suggestions on things to look at are welcome, let me know if
any more information is required.

Thanks,
James