[Xen-users] cannot migrate vm back to original machine (currently with libvirt)

I posted the message below on the libvir-list with no replies, so perhaps someone on this list has some experience with this issue. Alternatively, if anyone has gotten remote migration to work with Fedora and Xen, could you please send me the version numbers you are using for each tool? I've tried Xen API with this setup previously, but migration didn't work at all.

I am running Fedora 8 with Xen 3.1.2 and libvirt 0.4.3 on two machines (machine #1 and #2). I am able to migrate it back from #1 to #2 by hand using "xm migrate -l <vmname> <ipaddress2>". Any clues as to why I cannot migrate the VM back to the original machine with libvirt (details below)?

I am using the libvirt call virDomainMigrate() to migrate a VM from machine #2 (where it originally resides) to machine #1. I am unable to migrate the VM back to machine #2 using virDomainMigrate(), even if I first migrate the VM from #2 to #1 by hand, using "xm migrate -l <vmname> <ipaddress1>".

When I make the call to virDomainMigrate(domain_to_migrate, connection_to_machine_2, VIR_MIGRATE_LIVE, NULL, NULL, 0), I get the following message:

libvir: Xen Daemon error : POST operation failed: xend_post: error from xen daemon: (xend.err "can't connect: Name or service not known")

I have tried running my program on both machine #2 (connecting to machine #1 with ssh, and machine #2 with local (NULL) or ssh), and on a separate 3rd machine (connecting to machine #1 and #2 with ssh), but I get the same error message in both cases. I've tried connecting with both virConnectOpen() and virConnectOpenReadOnly().

I don't see any obvious error messages when running libvirtd -- verbose, other than the one above, which shows up on machine #1. There are no obvious error messages in libvirtd --verbose on machine #2.

I checked /var/log/xen/xend.log and xend-debug.log, but didn't see any error message there either. My /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp is set with default loglevel of DEBUG.

Thanks,
Elaine