RE: [Xen-users] Windows 2003 and 2008

>Should/Can I use Windows with 32 or 64 bit?
>(dom0 is 64bit)

Should - If you need the memory capabilities or your software requires it.
You don't have enough ram to exceed what a 32bit version of windows can allot
anyway.

Can - Yes.

> Now I want to try one of Windows 2003 R2 Server or Windows
> 2008 Server.
> Can I expect Windows 2008 to run smoothly on this machine or should I
> step back up 2003 ?

Try it... I haven't checked whether or not your CPU supports running hvm's (I
don't use amd).
The pdf I point you to below explains how to check.
I think it's a bit of a moving target currently as to whether or not it works
well. I believe
once the effort at pv drivers gets us to a stable first release it will run
very well.
I have a small commercial xen server running windows hvm's in production well.

> 1. Can someone recommend me a link to a installation tutorial?

PDF in the wiki.
http://www.xensource.com/files/xen_install_windows.pdf

> 2. I only have network access to that machine, no physical access and
> there is no X in the dom0. Will this be a problem?

Never even ran a Linux server with a gui yet, so I would say no :)

> 3. Can I use LVM partitions for this?

Yes, its how I do it just for the management capacity it provides.

> 4. Any other hint?

Just try it, and post back with questions as they arise.
jlc