Re: [Xen-users] Passthrough I/O without HVM

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Asim <linkasim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A quick question - Is it possible to perform PCI passthrough without
> using HVM(VT-d or AMD's I/O-virtualization hardware)?

sure, that's how Dom0 manages all hardware.

but that's for PV Dom's only (Dom0 is always PV).  for HVM DomU's you
need HVM hardware (Intel's VT-x or AMD's SVM).  for PCI passthrough on
HVM, you need an IO-MMU (Intel's VT-d or AMD's whateveritscalled)

--
Javier