[Xen-users] Uninitialized hardware under Xen Client?

Hello,

I am currently running Centos 5.2 with Xen which by default is built
without support such as Firewire citing system stability issues.

Intending not to modify the original builds, I would like to know if a
Xen client can use Firewire without it being supported by the host system?

lspci is listing the firewire as:
07:03.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. IEEE 1394 Host
Controller (rev c0)

Even though detected, I would like to know if I can prevent the host
system from directly using the Ethernet card and only allow direct
access through a Xen client? The Ethernet card is:
00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network
Connection (rev 02)

In the last setup, the idea is to let pfSense as a Xen client control
the real hardware, and force all communication from the host as well as
other clients to use virtual adapters.

--
Best regards,
Kenneth