Re: [Xen-users] PCI passthrough partial success

  • To: "Andy Burns" <lists.xensource.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Christopher Isip" <cmisip@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 12:35:45 -0400
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 09:36:30 -0700

I still might do that, also wondering about moving the mysqld to another  domU, currently the database is at least on separate xvdb from my recordings disk, so maybe not too bad.

I have my mysql server on a separate domU and a slave mysql server in another domU as well for replication.  I am hoping eventually to setup a script to backup the mysql database in the slave mysql server.  That way, database backups wont interrupt mythtv.

I came *very* close to giving up and putting mythbackend into dom0 until the paravirt_ops versions of dom0 xen are mainstream - glad I persevered, if you're still having DMA issues I'd say centos5.2+xen3.2 is worth a look.

I might give that a try sometime later.  My systems seem to have stabilized a bit and I'd hate to break anything now.

Thanks
Chris