[Xen-users] Install of a Paravirtualized Domain

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Thakkar, Sachin" <sathakkar@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 14:19:26 -0600
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 13:21:01 -0700
  • Domainkey-signature: s=corp; d=ebay.com; c=nofws; q=dns; h=X-EBay-Corp:X-IronPort-AV:Received:Received:X-MimeOLE: Content-class:MIME-Version:Content-Type: Content-Transfer-Encoding:Subject:Date:Message-ID: X-MS-Has-Attach:X-MS-TNEF-Correlator:Thread-Topic: Thread-Index:From:To:Return-Path:X-OriginalArrivalTime; b=kQ7VzNkjWgNBSxKMYwa65ShP8DbAhmMPRdsYZlsCX3y6tKbIBLBI+QB1 mQ7nZTQvRoLJtFEK38XOiXg+qTa9gMs5NPk41NjIUpspO1EYj5dZyyLGH P6pP994waR+pCev;

Hi all,

I am using a Solaris dom0. I use virt-manager or virt-install to add
domains to my Xen system. (Should be the Xen 3.xx release). I have been
able to setup dom0 and a number of fully virtualized domU's; however, I
am having trouble installing a paravirtualized domain. I have tried
installing fedora and centOS through paravirtualized means, but the
install has gotten stuck each time. For my install media URL I have
tried to use several mirrors (for example:
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/mirror.centos.org/5.1/os/i386) and I
have used no kickstart file. Part of the way through the install I will
get a message informing me that it was unable to retrieve stage2.img
(from the images directory). I initially thought this was a mirror
related issue and tried installing the OS from a tree located on a web
server on my local network. The same problem occurred and I noticed that
an extra slash was showing up between the root domain name and the tree
path.

I have seen this issue as I browsed through various mailing lists and
user groups but haven't yet seen a working solution. Is this a bug in
Xen and if so what is the best work around?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Cheers,
Sachin