[Xen-users] Xend startup problem.

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Steffen Heil" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 19:12:16 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:12:36 -0700

Hi

I have a server with ran xend for about 2 weeks without problems with
network-route and vif-route enabled.
Now I did some testing and wanted to get a fresh install.

However, after installing I cannot start xend anymore. I get:

/etc/xen/scripts/network-route: line 27:
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth/proxy_arp: No such file or directory

For sure, that path is invalid, as there is not "eth", but only "eth0".
But I cannot find the source of this problem.

In the network-route script "$vifnum" is empty and I don't know why.
If I configure netdev manually to "eth0", then xend starts, but I still
cannot start any domain.

Any hints?

This problem has been on this list once in april, but I did not find any
reference to a workaround or fix...

Best regards,
  Steffen