Re: [Xen-users] NET Network / Server running on internal Network not reachable

  • To: Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Christopher Isip" <cmisip@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 17:55:34 -0400
  • Cc: "Robert M. Münch" <robert.muench@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:56:11 -0700

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 11:42 PM, Christopher Isip <cmisip@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am going to try to see If I can create a domU webserver.  I need it to host anyterm.  There might be some xen peculiarities at work here that I am not aware of.  If I get a working configuration, I can post it here.  First I will post a question to the list regarding security of dmz domUs in bridged interfaces.

Chris

I managed to get a couple of dmz webservers running in xen domUs.  I got it done without the use of iptables or ebtables.  I used shorewall.  Its nowhere as complicated as the shorewall howtos on the net, although I am not sure how secure the setup would be.  I have another thread in the list addressing this.  My configuration is dom0 with two physical nics.  One is pcibacked to an Asterisk/DNS/IPMasq/Firewall/DHCPServer domU.  The other (peth0) is bridged to bridge eth0.  My local domUs in this machine are connected to the eth0 bridge. The dmz domUs are connected to a bridge with no physical interface enslaved to it (xenbrD).   The Asterisk domU has three interfaces then: eth0 - pcibacked nic (external to the internet), eth1 - the vif interface to the bridged nic (connection to local lan) and eth2 - the vif interface connected to the dmz bridge (connection to the dmz domUs).   If you want to try this configuration, let me know and I can post the details.  I used to have dom0 firewall routing but I dont have that setup anymore although I have some ideas on how it might(?)  work.

Chris