Re: [Xen-users] Ballooning and Free memory in xm info

On Saturday 19 July 2008, Stefan de Konink wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Is it expected behavior that when ballooning is enabled the amount of
> free memory visisble is 28k (thus: 0) in free_memory?

Do you mean autoballooning of dom0?  Before you've started and destroyed any
guests then I'd guess this is normal - dom0 will have been sized to use all
available memory.  From Xen's PoV the memory is not free because dom0
currently owns it; dom0 will free it to Xen before starting a domU when
autoballooning is active.

Or did you mean something else?

Cheers,
Mark