[Xen-users] Duplicate IRQ problem with PCI Passthrough

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Devdutt Patnaik" <xendevid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 21:48:12 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 18:48:50 -0700

Hi All,

I have been unable to find a solution to this problem. There are others on the list who have had this problem, but the list doesnt have a solution AFAIK.

I am doing a PCI passthrough and end up with IRQ 16 shared betn Dom0's NIC and DomUs NIC.
When I load the system with some n/w IO then there is a problem and IRQ 16 gets disabled and hence networking stops completely.

Any ideas on how I can avoid the same IRQ number being shared betn domains.
I have had this setup working without any problems before. But I set it up again today and it doesnt work well.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Devdutt.