RE: [Xen-users] Xen GPL PV, W2k3 SBS, Xen Net driver

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "netz-haut - stephan seitz" <s.seitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 09:29:27 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 00:29:48 -0700

Hi,

I had also no luck trying the same. After todays office hours, I'll
try to add one ore two additional nics. Maybe I'll be able to switch
over to the new nics... Report follows ;)

Am Dienstag, den 22.07.2008, 09:21 +0200 schrieb James Harper:

> > If i start the production Exchange 2007 Server with /gplpv the
> "Preparing
> > Network Connections" Dialog takes approxymattly one hour, then the
> System
> > boots correct and I can login. The login takes a few minutes, but
> then
> it
> > is not possible to open the network configuration, when I click to
> open
> > this dialog,nothing happen within two hours.
>
> I hope you've backed up your production system first :)
>
> Thanks for testing this. The "Preparing Network Connections" delay is
> expected, as Windows seems to do this whenever network cards are
> fiddled
> with. The delay (or hang?) in opening the network configuration is
> not
> expected though...
>
> Could you try and change config using 'netsh'? It's a command line
> tool,
> and if you aren't familiar with it it might be a bit baffling...
>
> I wonder how hard it would be to copy the registry config across from
> the card that is being replaced, eg look through the registry and
> find
> the config for the qemu card with the same MAC address as the gplpv
> card... that might break more things than it fixes though.
>
> I'll try and find time to test the above situation but it will
> involve
> setting up active directory which is more involved than just a simple
> setup.
>
> James

Stephan Seitz
Senior System Administrator

*netz-haut* e.K.
multimediale kommunikation

zweierweg 22
97074 wÃrzburg

fon: +49 931 2876247
fax: +49 931 2876248

web: www.netz-haut.de <http://www.netz-haut.de/>

registriergericht: amtsgericht wÃrzburg, hra 5054