Re: [Xen-users] Xen Installation without virtualization enabled in Bios

I wouldn't be worried about the state listed by xm list. It's probably fine.

"Eth1 on Dom0 and Eth1 on DomU are set to different subnets."

This is the part I'm confused about. If eth1 is used for dom0 for connectivity, and eth1 is bridged between dom0 and domU and domU is using eth1, why are they in different subnets? If they are in different subnets (unless both are running down the same physical wire), you should be using a routed setup versus a bridged setup.

Cheers,
Daniel

s@l wrote:
Ok so more details regarding the setup and our problem.

in the xend-config.sxp file we are using: (network-script
multi-network-bridge)

The multi-network-bridge script is as follows:

#!/bin/sh
dir=$(dirname "$0")
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0 netdev=eth0
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=1 netdev=eth1

So Dom0 is in bridging mode.  I can ping my DomU from my Dom0 but I can not
ping my Dom0 from my DomU.  We are using static IPs.  The Dom0 is using Eth1
for connectivity.  On the DomU eth1 is also the interface we are using for
connectivity. Eth1 on Dom0 and Eth1 on DomU are set to different subnets.
Other possible useful information:

I can VNC into the Dom0 and then subsequently, from the dom0 VNC into the
DomU.  However, when I Do a /usr/sbin/xm list on the Dom0, the DomU is
listed as in blocked state, not the running state... I understood that the
blocked state was when it was waiting for some kind of input from a keyboard
or a mouse, like during the install of the DomU.  Is this an important
detail?

--
Daniel Kao
Übermind, Inc.