Re: [Xen-users] ZEN Consolidation

  • To: Athena <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Christopher Isip" <cmisip@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 18:08:08 -0400
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 15:08:45 -0700

Should be possible.

There will be two routers:  The bridge firewall and the NAT gateway.  My recommendation is to create a bridge without any physical interfaces connected to it, lets call it vif-bridge.  Pciback the nic card that connects to the dsl router (say eth0) and pciback the nic card that connects to the private lan segment (say etn1).

domU-bridge-firewall will have two legs, the pcibacked eth0, and the vif from vif-bridge.

domU-http-server will have just the vif from vif-bridge
domU-smtp-server will have just the vif from vif-bridge

domU-nat-gateway will have the pcibacked eth1 and vif from vif-bridge.

I am not sure how you would set the default route though with having two routers.  I assume that you would need to set the hosts lan machines defautroute to the nat gateway and the nat gateways default route to the bridge firewall.  The smtp and http domUs defaultroute might have to be set to the bridge firewall.  Ofcourse, I could be completely wrong on this. Maybe somebody else could chime in.

Chris