Re: [Xen-users] RHEL 5.2 i386 image - Xen kernel doesn't recognize the total amount of system memory

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 06:06:40AM -0500, aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi Ido,
>
> We recently made multiple attempts to get Xen 32bit kernel (centos OS)
> using 32GB, and all were unsuccessful. The OS would only allow use of
> the first 16GB.  We have since tested the same hardware on 64bit, and
> you can utilize all 32GB without any issues!

With RHEL 5.2 (and CentOS 5.2) you should be able to run 64b hypervisor with
32b domU's.. so you could have 64b hypervisor (seeing all the memory) and
split it between multiple 32b domU's (and 32b dom0, if you want).

Or then run 64b hypervisor + 64b dom0 + 32b domU's.

-- Pasi