From: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of s@l
[sal.bayat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 3:50 PM
To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen Installation without virtualization enabled in Bios

Hi there,

Having a problem with Xen using RHEL 5.  Using a dell poweredge 1950 with
BCM5708 integrated NIC's.

07:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5708
Gigabit Ethernet (rev 12)
        Subsystem: Dell Unknown device 01b3
        Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle+ MemWINV+ VGASnoop- ParErr+
Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
        Capabilities: [50] Vital Product Data
        Capabilities: [58] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/0
Enable-
                Address: 214082b132d03000  Data: 0b40

Basically, I have this strange issue where everything is good, I can create
my virtual guests, but there is some issue with network connectivity.  I can
get to the outside world no problem from the virtual host, but on the
guests, I can only ping the local machine, I cant ping or access anything on
the outside world.

At first I was taking a look at drivers and other network related problems,
when I noticed that the virtualization option in the bios cpu settings was
NOT enabled.  I enabled it, but im still having the same problem.

My question is: Would installing RHEL 5 and Xen while this option was NOT
enabled in the bios cause problems and perhaps cause this networking
connectivity issue im experiencing? Do I need to reinstall xen?

Info:

version: xen-3.0.3-64.el5_2.1