RE: [Xen-users] xenbr0 and xen 3.2?

  • To: "Peter Jordan" <usernetwork@xxxxxxxx>
  • From: "James Dingwall" <james.dingwall@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:41:18 +0100
  • Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 00:41:59 -0700

I'm updated xen 3.0 to 3.2 (debian etch-backports) and have configured
my network network-bridge. The problem is, when i start xend there is no
xenbr0 and all my old vms does not work anymore.

The default bridge name has changed to be the original physical
interface name, probably eth0.  You can check the names of the bridges
using

$ brctl show

If you config files explicitly state the bridgename of xenbr0 then just
update them as appropriate.  There are alternative solutions such as
editing the xend config and passing the appropriate parameters to the
network-bridge script.

James